HTML/JavaScript

Image Map

Monday, August 17, 2015

Day One

It's here! It's here! This is our first week back with students. This is always an exciting week! I hate that many teachers feel like this cartoon:


Give me a few months, and I may join you - but right now - I'm up early and ready to go! Let's get this year started!

On the first day of school I like to keep it simple. We review the syllabus, complete a classroom scavenger hunt, and get to know each other. Many teachers spend the day lecturing with rules and procedures. This results in students sitting a good portion of the day, so I like to break it up and let students move in my classroom! 

I cover procedures and drills on day two, and by day three, we are on coursework!

How do you structure your first week?

No comments:

Post a Comment